Sports & PE Grant
The purpose of the PE and Sport Premium is to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
As a prerequisite for receiving this funding, there are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that primary school pupils undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school
2. The profile of PESSPA (Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity) being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport