These are the School Values our Ethos Team have chosen this year and the reasons why:
Our staff team chose Truthfulness because:-
- Because we want children and adults to know the truth about God and themselves in the eyes of God because 'the truth will set you free' John 8:32.
- When we tell the truth our relationships grow stronger and richer. When we hold back the truth our relationships suffer including our relationship with ourselves. Telling the truth creates freedom and lightness.
Our Senior Leadership Team chose Hope because:-
- We want to lead from a position of hope to support us to make bold and courageous decisions. We want hope to drive our curriculum, our language choices and our daily interactions.
- It is important to have hope in order to 'see there is light despite the darkness...' Desmond Tutu
Our Governors chose Thankfulness because:-
- It is important to thank God for all our blessings.
- It makes you and other people feel uplifted when you are thankful.
Our children chose Forgiveness because:-
- It is the most important value in a human.
- You should always forgive people for doing wrong.
Our children chose Courage because:-
- If you don’t step out of your comfort zone then you will live a life where you are scared of everything.
- Courage is not the absence of fear; it is acting in spite of fear knowing that with God's protection and guidance, we have nothing to fear and can conquer anything.
Our staff chose Justice because:-
- This should be the impact of our curriculum and education as it should be calling us to see Gods love in action.
- Our curriculum enables children to be courageous advocates and seek what is just and fair locally, nationally and globally - bringing light to the darkness.